Vikki has kindly agreed to come in to help ND Interactive Media (Year 2) students on Thursday 2nd June.
Lecturer availability throughout half-term for all media courses is as follows:
- MONDAY - closed for Bank Holiday
- TUESDAY - Scott in 08:00-14:00 (S220) for all Media courses
- WEDNESDAY - Scott in 08:00-14:00 (S220) for all Media courses
- THURSDAY - Vikki in 10:00-16:00 (F609) for ND Media (Year 2)
- FRIDAY - Lecturers unavailable (unless you request, I will be working from home)
Please note that I will be in college on Tuesday 31st May and Wednesday 1st June (08:00-14:00) to help you get the grades you want in S220.
Please do not leave it too late to enhance your current grades.
I am running workshops in S220 at the following times:
- Monday 12:15 - 13:15
- Tuesday 12:15 - 13:15 and 17:15 - 19:00
- Wednesday 14:00 - 17:00
- Thursday 12:15 - 13:15 and 17:15 - 19:00
- Friday 12:15 - 13:15
Please come along if you need to.
Charlie Brooker is probably the most interesting media critic/ presenter/ journalist we have right now, and has an articulate and satirical opinion on all the topics we cover in each Unit - I heartily suggest you have a look at some of his work:
PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT HE DOES USE THE ODD SWEAR WORD BUT AS WE ARE ALL OVER 16 (AND THE LINKS BELOW HAVE ALL BEEN PUBLISHED IN NEWSPAPERS OR SCREENED BEFORE THE WATERSHED) - I THINK WE ARE OKAY.
Here is a collection of links to his TV shows:
- ‘How to report the news’ from ‘Newswipe’: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHun58mz3vI (Contains some swearing - but i reckon you can handle it)
- ‘Aspirational TV’ from ‘Screenwipe’: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59OJ17raqWw (Again, a bit of swearing - probably best to not watch it unless you have headphones on)
- Introduction to the history of video games from ’Gameswipe’: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIb8JdoWF00 (he behaves himself in this one)
Here is his blog:
You can follow him on twitter here:
Thanks for the feedback.
I will speak to you about helping me to edit the video nearer the time.