Posts tagged: social media
Someone put together a ‘Best Vines of 2013′ video. Needless to say, it’s Internet GOLD. Take a look…
Best Vines of 2013
by 2nd year #bcotmedia students Stef, Crimson, and Matt
#bcotmedia students - please ensure you use your PROFESSIONAL twitter account when joining in with our #bcotad Live Chats and Q+A’s
If you join in with your personal account i might see something I don’t particularly want to see.
As a respect of privacy I only follow your professional social media to help promote you and ‘unsubscribe’ to all your Facebook status updates.
Social Media Revolution - useful for #bcotmedia 1st years U30 LO1 Reports
With categories covering:
- Teaching & Administration
- Teacher-Student Communication
- Teaching with Hangouts
- Student Connection
- and Education +
Here are four from the Teaching with Hangouts section:
- Extended discussions: After classroom discussions are over, students or teachers can open up a Hangout to facilitate further discussion.
- Talks around the world: Zookeepers at Zoo Atlanta use Google Plus Hangouts to host keeper talks, making it easy for students of all ages around the world to learn about animals.
- Foreign language Hangouts: Foreign language students can participate in video conversations using Google Translation to better understand each other.
- Mobile learning: Hangouts are available not just on computers, but mobile phones as well, making it possible for students and teachers to log into the chat anywhere they are.
#SocialMedia helps #students learn, yeah? ‘Yeah’ But it can also distract, yeah? ‘Oh, hells yeah’. Please try to make sure the amount of time spent working on your #Assignments is at least equal to the time spent scrolling online.
You know who you are.
If you are worried that you might have put something online that you shouldn’t have - speak to us so we can help you, #bcotmedia students